Today's task: celebrate a bit.
I just returned from my cousin's wedding, a 3 hour flight away. Of course, this is the first success to be celebrated, and celebrate we did. In fact, even the church's coffee was worthy of celebration (you'll understand this was a rare moment if you've ever had a Midwestern church's coffee).
My last task was to prepare for a phone interview. My preparations were rewarded with an in-person try-out/interview where I will be preparing a 25 minute lesson that would be delivered to third-graders (I will do A LOT of research and preparation for this). This success merits a hesitant celebration because I have never interacted with third graders, and the job is only 30 hours/week.
I received my credit score in the Mail! This is my second celebration because some employer out there has checked my credit rating as part of their selection process. I know this because California requires the potential employer to provide a copy of the credit report they acquired, if the potential employee requests it.
I'm not counting on either of these positions, but I am celebrating, moderately, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment