"Employers' use and eventual dependence on keywords to find the job candidates they want to interview has come about in recent years because of technology " --Katharine Hansen, Ph.D.
What job's for me? An entry-level position in a respected office --in law, music copyright, or legitimate market research. What keywords do I need in my resume? Via Job-search-engine.com I found three relevant listings.
1."Advertising and Marketing Firm is hiring Entry Level
- Keywords: fast-paced; aggressive; highest level service; extraordinary; professionals; long-range career; stimulating; challenging;
- Comments--these keywords are focused on marketing to young people looking for a starting job. When I pull up the website, my suspicions are confirmed, because it is geared toward acquiring workers rather than clients--a backward marketing method unless employee turn-over is rough for the company.
- Keywords: market research; analyzing; negotiating; writing; casual; entrepreneurial; devise; design; monitoring; questionnaire; intellectual curiosity; media.
- Comments--this list is full of active verbs, real challenges for the employee, leading me to think this is a more legitimate position in a company that values employees that think and learn well. I'll apply!
- Keywords: guests; caring; attentive; service; quota; research; potential business; fast-paced
- Comments--a shorter description that is much more vague, and leaves me wondering what the actual compensation will be. But, I'll give it a try!
Here is an example (with questionable formatting) devised from keyword list #2:
PROFILE
An entrepreneurial professional seeking to design and evaluate research in a fast-paced climate
that values intellectual curiosity.
EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa May 2010
Program: Secondary Education GPA: 3.97 on 4.0 scale
Major: Spanish
Minor: Kuyper Scholars Program (Independent Researcher)
13 Semester Credits – Media/Marketing
Merit Scholarships
Dordt College Distinguished Scholar
Dordt College Kuyper Scholars Program Scholarship
Dordt College Vocal Music Activities Scholarship
EXPERIENCE
Student Teacher, Maranatha High School, Pasadena, California
Jan. 2010 to April 2010
classroom.
Monitored student progress by devising tests and questionnaires for
periodic student assessment.
Communicated clearly with multi-media, presented daily instruction.
Learning Communities Assistant, Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa
Sept. 2008 to May 2009
Modeled good study skills for academically at risk college students. Mentored 9 students in study-skills and goal setting through weekly
meetings.
Designed peer study groups and analyzed results.
Resident Assistant, Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa
Sept. 2007 to May 2008
Guided 40 students toward community living.Supported students with accountability and prayer.
Designed and implemented periodic social and educational events.
Camp Counselor, Camp Tecumseh YMCA, Brookston, Indiana
May 2007 to Aug. 2007
Mentored campers from ages 12 to 16 during week-long camp experiences.Instructed ceramics and high ropes classes.
Served as lake front lifeguard.
Additional Activities
KITA Student Media-Video Camp Feb. 2008
Dordt College Concert Choir Jan. 2007 to May 2009
Dordt College Kantorei Aug. 2009 to Dec. 2009
Dordt College Student Forum Representative Aug. 2006 to May 2007
PLIA (Putting Love Into Action) Spring Break Service Mar. 2007
I count 15 keywords in my resume. I'll post if I get any results from the application.
Update: http://www.resify.com includes only 2 of my keywords in its "marketing" position list of keywords -- research & analysis...results still pending!
ReplyDelete