I submitted my resume to a recruiter looking to fill two administrative jobs in a local college. I have no experience in assisting administration, except for my current part-time job. I know a lot about computers and education, and that is what my resume reflects. I thought, why not give it a shot.
And then, I received a call. I was surprised because I am not qualified.
Then, the poor women asked me what about my job experience is administrative.
I wanted to say, you should have read my resume, but instead I stumbled through an explanation of my current administrative tasks, my limited "weekly reporting" to my manager while working college residents life, and my excellent knowledge of working efficiently with Microsoft's office suite, including Access.
She said, "Thank You" and explained that she was looking for someone who has more administrative experience.
She called me, had not read my resume in any detail. Thankfully I have an excess of time, or I may have been more frustrated.
This leads me to ask the question--Do job recruiters read resumes before making that first phone interview call? They must, but I felt neglected.
No comments:
Post a Comment